Additional Resources for Parents and Caregivers

The Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services (OSEP)


Pennsylvania Department of Education


Pennsylvania Training and Technical Assistance Network


Appalachia Intermediate Unit 08



If you have a child with mental retardation and/or emotional disturbance, he/she is entitled under the Pennsylvania Mental Health and Mental Retardation Act of 1966 and the Pennsylvania Mental Health Procedures Act of 1976 to the services of a local Mental Health/Mental Retardation (MH/MR) Center for an independent medical, psychological, and educational evaluation to be performed by a state-certified professional at no cost to you.


Cambria County Mental Health/Mental Retardation

Central Park Complex

110 Franklin Street, Suite 400

Johnstown, PA   15901-1831

(814) 535-8531


Local Chapter of the Pennsylvania Association for Retarded Citizens:

980 Bedford Street

Johnstown, PA   15902

(814) 535-1511






2101 Industrial Highway

York, PA  18618

717-600-0100        (Voice/TTY)

800-522-5827          (Voice/TTY)

800-441-5028          (Spanish)

717-600-8101           (Fax)